Crispy Kale Chips
1 bunch kale
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
A pinch of cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 300'F
- Cut kale into 2 inch chunks avoiding stems
- Toss with 1 tbsp olive oil until well coated
- Add salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper; toss well.
- Spread evenly on baking sheets
- Bake for 25 minutes and enjoy!
Kale has a flavor similar to broccoli, so don't expect a potato chip flavor! I was very pleased with the crispiness although parts were still a little soft. Next time I will make sure not to overlap the pieces of kale for a more even baking.
Sweet Potato Fries
1 medium sweet potato
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil (or enough to lightly coat)
1/4 - 1/2 tsp dried basil
1 pinch dried sage
1 pinch garlic powder or minced garlic (optional)
Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450' F
- Peel and cut sweet potato into small fries
- Combine ingredients and toss until well coated.
- Spread out on baking sheet.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
I absolutely LOVE these sweet potato fries! They aren't super crunchy, but they also aren't deep fried! I like experimenting with different spices. Please feel free to do the same. Taking out the sage and adding a pinch of cayenne pepper and chipotle chili powder is also delicious! These taste amazing with grilled chicken breasts (dried thyme, lemon juice, black pepper) and corn on the cob. Can you tell I'm craving summer?